Tonight I head out for six days in Morocco! While I haven’t done a ton of homework on the country before heading out, I know I’m in for a lot of firsts:
- First time in Africa
- First time in a (currently) Arab nation
- First time in a country whose primary and secondary languages are completely foreign to me (oof)
I’m going with a large group from my study abroad program – everything is pre-organized and we’ll be herded around for most of the trip, unlike our Spanish excursions. I see this as a good thing for my first trip. I’m really looking forward to Moroccan food as well.
This week was my midterms week, and I have 9 weeks left here in Europe. In those 9 weeks, I plan to be hitting:
- The Alpujarras (once or twice more)
- Amsterdam (with 8-hour layover in Liverpool, England)
- Barcelona (perhaps a night in Ibiza?)
I only have three unplanned weekends left, and I’m already tempted to book one more trip – London? Bruges? Brussels? All I know is that from here out, time is going to zoom by.